How do you support your body during and after pregnancy? You try your best to take the right vitamins, eat the right foods, and get the right amount of rest. But despite your best efforts, you still experience the twinges, aches, and pains of pregnancy and post pregnancy, whether it’s back pain, muscle strain, or loose excess skin. What’s more, after baby is born, it takes time to get your body back. And while these discomforts and issues are a natural part of motherhood, you can rest knowing there is help for your healing and recovery.
For centuries, women in many cultures have practiced belly binding, or wrapping a piece of fabric snugly around the midsection. For expecting moms, the band lifted the weight of the expanding abdomen off the back, relieving pregnancy back pain. Post-pregnancy moms used belly binding to reduce swelling, relieve post pregnancy aches, and shape tissue. But, many in the western world are still learning about the benefits of pregnancy and post pregnancy support.
At Body After Baby™ we understand your needs and our team has taken the age old knowledge added the latest in modern healing and recovery technology to produce products that support the body during some of the most physically demanding periods in a women’s life.
Our focus is you
As an expecting or recovering mom, you have unique needs—needs that are not addressed by everyday shapewear or abdominal belly binders. So how is our product different from shapewear or other maternity support garments? Our team offers more than 20 years of experience in healing and recovery and teamed with leading doctors, medical professionals, and most importantly moms to design products that give expecting and new moms the support and comfort they need and deserve.
At Body After Baby™ we have divided the type of support your pregnant body needs into 3 stages:
Find relief and feel better with support during your pregnancy. The body of an expecting mother goes through tremendous change in a relatively short period – 9 months to be exact. Our pregnancy support band uses a series of molded panels and support features that support the weight of your growing baby and relieve your lower back, pelvis, and hips. The result:
- Relief of lower back pain caused by increasing baby weight and changes in posture.
- Relief of pelvic discomfort and incontinence triggered by the expanding uterus.
- Stabilization of ligaments strained by the expanding baby belly.
- Improved balance with proper posture support.
Help your body heal with immediate post pregnancy healing and recovery garments. In the days and weeks following delivery; new moms have an entirely different set of needs. You may feel the muscle aches of a long labor, or experience the soreness of a c-section incision, maybe you feel both. And sometimes those aches and pains make it challenging to care for your newborn and the rest of your family. Our abdominal recovery and c-section recovery garments will:
- Compress and support the abdominal muscles and tissues.
- Stabilize sensitive c-section incisions and surrounding tissues to aid in healing.
- Relieve pain in the lower back, hips, and pelvis, which are often sore post delivery.
- Gently compress the abdomen to reduce post pregnancy swelling (edema).
Get your body back with a post pregnancy body contouring garment After your body has healed from the initial post-pregnancy recovery stage, it’s time to reclaim that pre-pregnancy body. Now that you have regained strength and energy, your body is prepared for the aesthetic recovery stage. Our body contouring garment delivers a high level of compressive support to:
- Contour those challenging areas such as the dreaded pooch (lower abdomen) inner thighs, and buttocks.
- Retract loose skin and shape/tone tissue and muscles.
- Help you look better while feeling more comfortable
- Wear your pre-pregnancy clothing and feel confident as you reclaim your shape
Get the pregnancy
relief, post pregnancy support, and body contouring your body deserves.
So how do you support your body during pregnancy? Follow your medical professional’s advice and invest in a well-designed pregnancy or post pregnancy support garment from Body After Baby™.
Your body and your baby will thank you!